Only time will tell which name(s) win out, but expect to hear these types of fishfinders referred to as Broadband (really confusing), Frequency Sweeping Pulse Compression or CHIRP (too long and weird), Frequency Modulated or FM (been done before), or Spread-Spectrum (may be the one or may not) as well as some other odd acronyms.
What does QLA stand for?
QLA stands for Frequency Modulated (sonar; US Navy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QLA
We have 17 other meanings of QLA in our Acronym Attic
- Quality of Life (USAF funding issues)
- Quality of Life (well-being)
- Quantification Limit (chemistry)
- Quantum Leap
- Quantum Libet (Latin: As Much As You Please)
- Queensland (Australia)
- Query Language
- Quiche Lorraine
- Quick Look
- Qualification Level 3 (Canadian Army)
- Lasham Airfield (Lasham, England, UK)
- Qala (postal locality, Malta)
- Qatar Leadership Academy (Qatar)
- Quadrifilar Loop Antenna
- Quality Level Agreement
- Quality Level Analysis (various organizations)
- Quantum Logic Array (hardware architecture)
- Quark License Administrator (software)
- Quebec Library Association (Canada)
- Quick Look Analysis (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Radar sensors use Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave to reliably detect moving or stationary objects even in extreme weather conditions.
Radar sensors use Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) to reliably detect moving or stationary objects even in extreme weather conditions.
Effect of low frequency modulated microwave exposure on human EEG: individual sensitivity, Bioelectromagnetics.
Mosquito is essentially a sounder unit that emits a very high frequency modulated tone that is completely harmless even with long term use.
The DR7000 Series utilizes Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) technology that offers superior signal-processing capabilities.
The more technical description is: "Non-contact, three-dimensional surface measurement using frequency modulated and optical phase-shifting interferometry.