20 Kyodo The chief of the French atomic energy commission said Wednesday that Japan may have been able to avoid a nuclear disaster at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant if it acted more quickly to pour seawater to cool the reactors after they lost their cooling functions in the wake of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
What does FAEC stand for?
FAEC stands for French Atomic Energy Commission
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAEC
We have 4 other meanings of FAEC in our Acronym Attic
- Fédération des Associations Étudiantes de Blois (French: Federation of College of Blois; Blois, France)
- Fuel-Air Explosive Bomb (Ace Combat game)
- Faculdade de Educação de Colorado do Oeste (Portuguese; Colorado West School of Education Brazil)
- Federal Audit Executive Council
- Fédération Française des Associations d'Eleveurs de Cobayes et Rongeurs de Races (French: French Federation of Associations of Breeders of Guinea Pigs and Rodents of Races)
- Fiduciaire Alsacienne d'Expertise Comptable (French: Alsacienne Public Trust Accountant)
- Fiduciaire d'Assistance et d'Expertise Comptable (French: Fiduciary Assistance and Public Accountant; various locations)
- Florida Association of Electrical Contractors (Tallahassee, FL)
- Forensic Analysis and Engineering Corp. (Raleigh, NC)
- Fraud, Audit and Evaluation Committee (Australia)
- Facility for Automated Experiments in Cell Biology
- Federation of Architects, Engineers, Chemists, and Technicians
- Fédération des Associations Étudiantes du Campus de l'Université de Montréal
- Fichier Automatisé des Empreintes Digitales (French: Automated Fingerprint Identification System)
- Fayetteville Area Economic Development Corporation (North Carolina)
- Freeport Area Economic Development Foundation (Illinois)
- Florida Association of Education Data Systems
- Fatty Acid Ethyl Ester
- Fédération des Associations Européennes d'Ecrivains (French: European Federation of Associations of Writers; Belgium)
- Formation Antilles, École d'Esthétique et de Coiffure (French: Training Caribbean, School of Esthetics and Hair)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bisharah and Director General of the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA) Bernard Bigot.
Robert Aymar has been named Special Advisor for ITER to the Administrator-General of the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA).
The EU is spending Euro 700,000 on this NANOMED project, utilising experts from Britain's Council for Science and Technology (CST) and Genetic Interest Group Ltd, along with Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany, and the French Atomic Energy Commission.
The model that predicts that particle would introduce a set of five new elementary particles that interact only through the weak nuclear force, wrote Marco Cirelli of the Institute of Physical Theory of the French Atomic Energy Commission and Alessandro Strumia of the University of Pisa and Italy's nuclear physics institute in a paper posted August 28 (arxiv.
The powerplant features a new GENEPAC 20 20 kW experimental fuel cell designed by the French Atomic Energy Commission.
Working in partnership with the French Atomic Energy Commission, Peugeot developed the 207 Epure with an electric motor that gets its power from Peugeot Citroen's new Genepac 20 20 kW experimental fuel cell.