Some specific topics reported include design of integral-shaped milling cutter profiles, a cooperative optimal method for two-level models of a micro device, design and numerical analysis of the internal suction flow heat sink, and a study on the rapid progressive die design of sheet metal with a free-form surface.
What does FFS stand for?
FFS stands for Free-Form Surface (optics)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFS
We have 170 other meanings of FFS in our Acronym Attic
- For Further Study
- Force Feel System
- ForFakeSight (band)
- Form Fill Seal (packaging)
- Formation Flight System (US DoD)
- Formatted File System
- Forum for Free Speech
- Frankford Friends School (Philadelphia, PA)
- Free Fall Sensor (hard disk drives)
- Free Flow Speed (highway capacity, civil engineering)
- Freedom for Some (internet news)
- Freedom from Smoking (American Lung Association; smoking cessation)
- Freie Fettsäure (German: free fatty acid)
- Friends for Sale (Facebook application)
- Fringe-Field Switching (Hyundai Electronics)
- Front des Forces Socialistes
- Front Forces de Socialiste (Socialist Forces Front; political party, Algeria)
- Front Freight Solution (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight; UK)
- Full Flight Simulator
- Full-Flow Settling (pond)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There are software packages available for specific applications, such as HOLOS NT for free-form surface measurements and GEAR PRO for gears.
Comparison of measurement methods In summary, to get the entire picture of the free-form surface measurements described, some of the advantages and disadvantages of the measuring methods (photogrammetry and tacheometer-based laser scanning) can be highlighted.
Free-form surfaces, solids, and wire frame geometry, fully parametric and all in the same database, are included, as are design, drafting, parting-line generation, mold cooling simulation, and water line design.
Each cell is controlled by CHORUS F2, an industrial grade DMIS-based measuring software for operations such as in-process sheet metal gaging and free-form surface inspection.
A sampling of topics: dynamic energy absorption of circular honeycomb under in-plane impact loading, the effect of thermal properties of building glass on cooling energy consumption of buildings, integrated manufacturing of free-form surfaces, and a network model approach for investigation of regenerator on characteristic impedance in thermoacoustic engine, to name just a few.
In plastic products, free-form surfaces are mostly used and hence, free-form features have to be processed.