The majority of patients with RTH are eumetabolic and classified as having generalized resistance to thyroid hormone (GRTH) with elevated serum levels of free triiodothyronine (FT3) and free thyroxine (FT4) in association with unsuppressed thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) secretion (1,2).
What does FT3 stand for?
FT3 stands for Free Triiodothyronine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FT3
- Feet Per Minute
- Failure Tolerance/Redundancy Management
- Feet Per Second
- Fire Control Technician First Class (Naval Rating)
- Fractional T-1 Carrier
- FastTrak 100 (Promise Technology, Inc.)
- Fast Tracker 2 (digital music)
- Fire Control Technician Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Fire Control Technician Third Class (Naval Rating)
- Flight, Test, Telemetry, and Termination (defense system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This seventh edition covers new analytes and adds information on reference intervals for steroids, free thyroxine, and free triiodothyronine.
05ug/dl and free triiodothyronine (fT3): 3,12tg/ml, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH): 0.
Reference intervals for free thyroxine and free triiodothyronine measured by mass spectrometry are now also included.
4], free triiodothyronine, thyroid-stimulating hormone, and TPO-Ab.
Among other changes in the leptin-treated subjects but not the controls were increases in free triiodothyronine, free thyroxine, and insulin-like growth factor-I.