The al-Nusra Front is known to be one of the largest and most prominent entities fighting with the Free Syrian Army against the regime of Bashar al-Assad, but their formidable presence and activity in the rebellion has been a source of great consternation for both the U.
What does FSA stand for?
FSA stands for Free Syrian Army
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FSA
We have 468 other meanings of FSA in our Acronym Attic
- Foundation Skills Assessment (British Columbia, Canada student testing)
- Four Swords Adventures (game)
- Fourier Series Analysis
- Fox Studios Australia
- Framework Study Areas
- Fraternity & Sorority Affairs (various schools)
- Free Software Alliance
- Free Speech Advocate
- Free Spirit Alliance (religious network)
- Free Standing Applique (embroidery)
- FREEDOM (Freedom for Russia and Emerging Eurasian Democracies and Open Markets) Support Act of 1992
- Fuel Storage Area
- Fuel Supply Agreement (various locations)
- Fuel Systems Analysis
- Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 (law)
- Fujitsu Semiconductor America, Inc. (est. 1979; Sunnyvale, CA)
- Full Service Airline
- Full Spectrum Approach (Native Remedies)
- Full Speed Ahead (bicycle company)
- Fulton Sunshine Academy (Roswell, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: The leaders of various factions in north Lebanon denied Monday that members of the rebel Free Syrian Army had taken shelter in the Beddawi refugee camp near Tripoli.
According to a report by Lebanese Akhbar daily, Izzat al-Rishq, a senior Hamas political official denied The Times' report claiming that fighters from Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, are in Syria to train the so-called Free Syrian Army (FSA).
NINEWA/ Aswat al-Iraq: Tens of Syrian trucks are stuck on the Iraqi side in Ninewa province following the deterioration in the area and the control of the Free Syrian Army on Yarubiya border vent.
| KUWAIT, Feb 7 (KUNA) -- At least 12 people were killed on Thursday as the Syrian regular troops renewed their bombardment on several parts of the country as the capital Damascus is witnessing closure of all entrances due to violent clashes between the free Syrian army and Syrian regime forces.
HALEP (CyHAN)- The Free Syrian Army has today announced that it surrounded three military airports in the city of Aleppo, "Al Arabiya" TV channel reported on Tuesday.
Minutes after the guns stopped two members of the Free Syrian Army ran through Akcakale's border crossing to escape al-Assad's soldiers.
According to the Syrian Al-Watan and Thawra dailies, the army has recovered five new areas that were previously in the hands of the rebel army, the Free Syrian Army (FSA).