The Bush administration greatly expanded the use of free speech zones after 9/11, but the practice has become bipartisan.
What does FSZ stand for?
FSZ stands for Free Speech Zone
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FSZ
We have 3 other meanings of FSZ in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra
- Friends of Southampton Youth Orchestras (UK)
- Family Services York Region (Canada)
- Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranches, Inc.
- Fairfield-Suisun Youth Soccer League (Fairfield, CA)
- Fire Services Youth Training Association
- Feng Shui Your World (trademark)
- Farmland Security Zone (California farmland preservation legislation; est. 1998)
- Flyers Skate Zone (ice skating facilities; New Jersey and Pennsylvania)
- Fractional Shortening Z-Score (cardiology)
- Shizuoka (airport code; Japan)
- Federacja Socjalistycznych Zwiazków Mlodziezy Polskiej (Polish communist youth organization)
- (USN Rating) Fire Control Technician
- FaceTime (Apple, Inc.)
- Facility Technician
- Failed in Theory (examination marking)
- Fairy Tale
- Faith Tabernacle (various locations)
- Fallots Tetralogy (medical)
Samples in periodicals archive:
org has listed a free speech zone as a "leftist" campus abuse.
That is too bad, because the First Amendment was written to assure that all the United States would be a free speech zone.
Anti-Bush protesters are now relegated to what are euphemistically called free speech zones.
Constitutional scholars argue that the First Amendment makes the entire United States a free speech zone.
Nate Kellum, a lawyer with the national Christian-based Alliance Defense Fund, predicts the issue of college free speech zones will eventually be taken up by the U.
Such free speech zones are most common on college campuses, which first experimented with the idea in the 1960s.