At the same time, it has made many reflect on how Thackeray rose from a political cartoonist with an English daily, The Free Press Journal, to become a much-loved but controversial political leader with his own brand of politics.
What does FPJ stand for?
FPJ stands for Free Press Journal (Mumbai, India)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FPJ
We have 8 other meanings of FPJ in our Acronym Attic
- Fixed-Price Incentive Contract, Value Engineering (Contract)
- Family Policy Institute of Washington
- Federação Portuguesa de Judo (Portuguese: Portuguese Judo Federation; martial arts)
- Fermented Plant Juice (organic fertilizer)
- Fernando Poe Jr.
- Foreign Policy Journal
- Forest Products Journal
- Forum to Protect Journalists
- Freddie Prinze Jr (actor)
- Free Fall Parachutist
- Fort Pierce Jazz and Blues Society (Florida)
- Fédération des Professions Juridiques du Canada
- Flatbush Park Jewish Center (New York)
- Freedom, Peace, and Justice Movement (political group; Philippines)
- Four Party Joint Military Commission
- Four Party Joint Military Team (Vietnam War)
- Fasilitas Pendanaan Jangka Pendek (Short-Term Financing Facility; Indonesia)
- Federation Professionnelle des Journalistes du Quebec (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Fort Pierce Jazz Society (Florida)
- Forest Products Joint Venture Corporation Ltd. (Myanmar)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But, it is rumoured that when he was working as a cartoonist with Free Press Journal, he was troubled by his south Indian bosses.
The free press journals and periodicals were closed down, opponents of the regime disappeared or were tortured in "ghost houses", any open assembly or public expression of opposition to the new regime was banned, and the only legitimate party recognized was the NIF.