2011) in a study conducted in Dakota proposed an important report on the free flow speed in highway.
What does FFS stand for?
FFS stands for Free Flow Speed (highway capacity, civil engineering)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFS
We have 170 other meanings of FFS in our Acronym Attic
- For Fun's Sake
- For Further Study
- Force Feel System
- ForFakeSight (band)
- Form Fill Seal (packaging)
- Formation Flight System (US DoD)
- Formatted File System
- Forum for Free Speech
- Frankford Friends School (Philadelphia, PA)
- Free Fall Sensor (hard disk drives)
- Free-Form Surface (optics)
- Freedom for Some (internet news)
- Freedom from Smoking (American Lung Association; smoking cessation)
- Freie Fettsäure (German: free fatty acid)
- Friends for Sale (Facebook application)
- Fringe-Field Switching (Hyundai Electronics)
- Front des Forces Socialistes
- Front Forces de Socialiste (Socialist Forces Front; political party, Algeria)
- Front Freight Solution (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight; UK)
- Full Flight Simulator
Samples in periodicals archive:
The generated vehicle is placed at the beginning of the test stretch with the speed that is a function of a free flow speed of the class, the acceleration/deceleration characteristics of the vehicles and the availability of front clearance.
The analysis regarding the distribution of free flow speeds for different vehicle categories showed that free speeds of different vehicle categories followed normal distribution.
Cars and trucks have their own characteristics such as free flow speed, vehicle size, a dynamic link function.