Delivery cost to the customer and the importer's profit all have to be added to the free alongside ship price, and packers' costs are sizeable.
What does FAS stand for?
FAS stands for Free Alongside Ship (shipping)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FAS
We have 378 other meanings of FAS in our Acronym Attic
- Foreign Area Studies
- Forensic Ammunition Service
- Formation Active en Sciences (French: Active in Science Education)
- Formation Assembly Ship (US Army Air Force, World War II)
- Formative Assessment System (education)
- Forms Automation System
- Forskningsrådet för Arbetsliv och Socialvetenskap (Swedish Council for Working Life and Social Research)
- FOS Analysis Subsystem
- Frame Alignment Signal
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung (German newspaper)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3) Value Basis Value Basis Value Basis 232 Unhardened 5,669 1,672 1,840 Rubber Parings and Scrap 251 Pulp and 80,027 7 9 Scrap Paper 282 Ferrous Scrap; 19,840 -- -- Re-melting Ingots of Iron or Steel 288 Nonferrous 49,386 3 3 Base Metal Scrap 289 Ores and 2,832 -- -- Concentrates of Precious Metals; Scrap and Sweepings of Precious Metals (excluding gold) 579 Plastics Parings 5,988 114 140 and Scrap * (In thousands of dollars) 1, Standard International Trade Classification 2, Free Alongside Ship value of merchandise at U.
Free Carrier Specified depot, country of origin Free Alongside Ship Upon effective delivery alongside vessel Free on Board Onboard vessel at specified port of shipment Cost & Freight Onboard vessel at port of shipment Cost, Insurance Upon delivery to final destination & Freight At specified point at frontier, but before customs border of adjoining Delivered at Frontier country Delivers ex Quay At port of destination (on quay or wharf) (duty paid) Delivered ex Ship Onboard vessel at port destination (Reproduced from Ports of the World, 15th edition, p.