The challenge in integrating a wireless link into a fiber optic environment is to ensure that the wireless link supports data rates comparable to those of the optical link-ideally about 100 gigabits per second (Gbit/s)-and that it's transparent to the data," noted Igmar Kallfass, a researcher and the project's leader at the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Solid State Physics IAF, as well as a professor at KIT.
What does IAF stand for?
IAF stands for Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Solid State Physics
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAF
We have 143 other meanings of IAF in our Acronym Attic
- International Association of Emergency Vehicle Technicians
- Institut für Elektrische Anlagen und Energiewirtschaft (German: Institute for Electrical Equipment and Energy)
- International Association of Employment Websites
- International Association of Educational and Work Exchange Programmes
- International Acquisition Education Working Group
- International Association of Educators for World Peace (Huntsville, AL)
- International Association of Employment Web Sites
- Índice Compuesto de Actividad Económica del Estado de Yucatán (Spanish: Composite Index of Economic Activity of the State of Yucatan; Mexico)
- Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children (Boise, ID)
- Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children (Indianapolis, IN)