39) The Franciscan Sisters and the associated Franciscan Friars of the Atonement had begun when two groups of Anglican religious, founded in 1898, began to pray for Christian unity, then converted to Roman Catholicism in 1909.
What does SA stand for?
SA stands for Franciscan Friars of the Atonement (religious order)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SA
We have 222 other meanings of SA in our Acronym Attic
- General Electric Submarine Reactor Plant (Design 8)
- Section 8 Gaming (clan)
- 9000Xg Supernatant
- Serine at Position 911
- Sikorsky S-92 (helicopter)
- Spain 92 Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Serine 982
- Adopted in the Senate (approved business of the Senate, North Carolina)
- Arsine (toxic gas)
- Bureau of South Asian Affairs (US Department of State)
Samples in periodicals archive:
O'Malley was in the city to accept the Graymoor Award presented by the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement.
Christopher's Inn, a drug and alcohol abuse rehabilitation program run by the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement in Garrison, N.