They identified these proteins using an artificial system of increasing fragile X mental retardation protein in the eyes of fruit flies.
What does FMR1 stand for?
FMR1 stands for Fragile X Mental Retardation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FMR1
- Friends of the Mississippi River (watershed conservancy)
- Friends of the Molalla River (Oregon, USA)
- Full Material Release
- Full Materiel Review (US DoD)
- Full Motion Recording (software)
- Fully Medically Ready
- Functional Management Review
- Funds Management Record
- Fidelity Management and Research Company
- Fragile Site Mental Retardation 1 gene
- Fragile X Mental Retardation 2
- Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (society; various locations)
- Fédération Musicale Rhône-Alpes (French: Rhone-Alpes Musical Federation; Rhone-Alpes, France)
- Financial Management Review & Analysis
- Forum Mondial sur la Réforme Agraire (French: World Forum on Agrarian Reform)
- Future Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile
- Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada
- Federation of Medical Representatives Association of India
- Field Medical Readiness Badge (US Marine Corps)
- Financial Management and Resource Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mutations in a gene called fragile X mental retardation 1 (FMR1) cause the syndrome.