Pratt and Adamski (2005) state "The most common normal forms are the first normal form (1NF), second normal form (2NF), third normal form (3NF), and fourth normal form (4NF)" (p.
What does 4NF stand for?
4NF stands for Fourth Normal Form
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Four Letter Code Groups (amateur radio)
- For Love of Money
- Meal Break (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Microwave Microelectronic Measurement and Modeling
- Movement, Mouth, Manners, Mind (behaviors that may indicate ADHD)
- Tetramethylsilane (nuclear magnetic resonance NMR spectroscopy)
- Four North
- Victim Advice (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Four Nations Chess League (UK)
- Vierde Normaalvorm (Dutch)
- For On-Line
- 4 on the Floor (drumming - play straight quarter notes on the kick drum)
- Optimal Variable Stride Trie of Height 4
- Fourth Player
- Poder Para o Povo Preto (Brazilian)
- Product, Price, Promotion, Place (marketing)
- Public Entertainment Duty (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Quad-Pole Quad-Throw (switch)