The consecutive invention of assemblers, compilers, editors, third and fourth generation languages, structured languages, Object-Oriented Programming, rules-based systems, CASE, repositories, databases, and data warehouses have advanced much more slowly than their hardware counterparts.
What does FGL stand for?
FGL stands for Fourth Generation Language (usually seen as 4GL)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FGL
We have 37 other meanings of FGL in our Acronym Attic
- FENGOR Gaming Labs (Casino equipment manufacturer)
- Fiber-Grating Laser
- Fifth Generation Language (open source programming language)
- Finished Ground Level (buildings)
- Fixed Gear London (cycling)
- Flash Game Licence (website)
- Florida Georgia Line (band)
- Fonte a Graphite Lamellaire (French: Lamellar Graphite Cast Iron)
- Force Generation Level
- Fördergemeinschaft Gutes Licht (German: Promotion of Good Lighting)
- Frank G. Lindsey (schools)
- Fréquence Grands Lacs (French: Great Lakes Frequency; radio stations)
- Fruit Growers Laboratory (California)
- FuturTech Gaming League
- Fuyo General Lease Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Full Gospel Lighthouse Church (various locations)
- Field Gradient Lattice Detector
- Feeling Gwapo, Looking Gago (Filipino: Feeling Handsome, Looking Stupid)
- Factor Gas Liquids, Inc.
- Family Group Life Insurance (service members)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vader will support application components built in Progress's fourth generation language or Java, and other languages.