Aziz Inan, a professor of electrical engineering at the University of Portland, argues that last Tuesday "was a one-of-a-kind palindrome date with respect to all palindrome dates contained in all four-digit years.
What does YYYY stand for?
YYYY stands for Four-Digit Year (as in MM/DD/YYYY; e.g. 01/01/2000)
This definition appears very frequently
- Yum Yum Thai (US and UK)
- Yoga Yoga Teacher Training (Austin, TX)
- Kapuskasing, Ontario, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi (Turkey)
- Too Wise You Are
- Too Wise You Are, Too Wise You Be, I See You Are Too Wise for Me
- Mont Joli, Quebec, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yada Yada Yada
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (band)
- Youpi Youpi Yeah (band)
- 4-Digit Year, Month, Day
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Pearson International Airport (Airport Code)
- Young Zoologists' Association (Sri Lanka)
- Yi Zhi Capsules
- Yukon Zinc Corporation (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar (film; India)
- Yokoji Zen Mountain Center
- Youngstown Zoning Ordinance
- Sandspit (British Columbia Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Basically, the millennium bug was a problem which resulted from the practice of abbreviating a four-digit year to two digits.
Now subtract the four-digit year that you were born.
12/31/99 to see if it will display the correct four-digit year, 1/1/2000.
The Vertex 2000 software corrects the Y2K problem by fixing the data, compressing four-digit year fields into existing two positions without making changes to the program source code.
Data expansion, which is costly and tedious but considered the best long-term solution, involves expanding the date fields in all systems to accommodate four-digit years.