Different nonlinear effects include, Stimulated Raman Scattering (SRS), Four Wave Mixing (FWM), Self Phase Modulation (SPM), cross phase modulation (XPM), Stimulated Brillouin Scattering (SBS) and Carrier Induced Phase Modulation.
What does 4WM stand for?
4WM stands for Four Wave Mixing
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Four Wire
- Witness/Other Person Protection (police incident code; New Zealand)
- 4-Wheel Alignment
- 4-Wire Analog
- 4-Wheel Anti-lock Braking System (automotive)
- 4-Wire Analog Interface
- Four Wheel Anti-Lock (brake system)
- Four-Wheel Drive
- Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia
- 4-Wire Ear and Mouth
Samples in periodicals archive:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison has developed the Doubly Vibrationally Enhanced Four Wave Mixing (DOVE) technique to study molecular interactions using modified infrared spectroscopy involving two infrared lasers.
This technique is called Doubly Vibrationally Enhanced (DOVE) Four Wave Mixing.