It's those foundation years that set youngsters on a path to further learning and achievement.
What does FY stand for?
FY stands for Foundation Year
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FY
We have 4 other meanings of FY in our Acronym Attic
- Force Twenty-One Training Program
- Foreign Exchange Yen Clearing System (Japan)
- First Trust Materials Alphadex Fund
- Blackpool (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Feng Yun Satellite
- Fight Yard (gaming, Counter-Strike)
- Financial Year
- Fiscal Year
- Force to Yield (engineering)
- Forget You (polite form)
- Fraternally Yours
- Full Year
- Fushigi Yuugi (Anime)
- Florida Yards & Neighborhoods Program
- Forget You and the Sysop You Rode in On (polite form)
- Feng-Yun 2 (geostatioary meteorological satellite of China)
- Foundation Year 1 (medical students, UK)
- Fédération Yoga et Ayurveda (French Yoga federation)
- First Year Affairs
- First Year Allowances (United Kingdom Corporation Tax Act 2001)
Samples in periodicals archive:
al khaliji offers a monthly allowance to Qataris entering Qatar University either as freshmen or in the foundation year.
The Foundation Years Trust, which I chair, will look to build a new programme in Birkenhead, focusing on the early years, aiming to put a stop to ingrained disadvantage emerging in the first place.
Sue Robb added: 'We hope that the Foundation years site will provide helpful support to professionals throughout the period to help maintain the excellent work currently being delivered by the sector.
Organised by the Adamsdown Arts Association and the Adamsdown Communities First Project, it will show colourful works by year two children at Adamsdown Primary School, Cardiff, and foundation year pupils from Tredegarville Church in Wales Primary School.
Students coming out of high schools in the UAE are not prepared for higher studies and they end up spending a long time in the foundation years.
The Manchester hearing was told that in 2009 Surapaneni did not meet training standards for his foundation year two qualification - the time between graduating from medical school and beginning to specialise in departments.
She attended the West Surrey College of Art and Design at Farnham, but left after her foundation year to concentrate on her paintings.