The Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 and the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 have provided unique opportunities for states to extend Medicaid coverage for youth who have aged out of foster care.
What does FCIA stand for?
FCIA stands for Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 (US DHHS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FCIA
We have 21 other meanings of FCIA in our Acronym Attic
- Fundación Centroamericana Por La Integración (Spanish: Central American Foundation for Integration)
- Furnish Charging Information (sent from SCP to SSP to control CDR generation)
- Futureway Communications, Inc. (now FCI Broadband, Inc.; Canada)
- Fire Contents Inventory/Contents Inventory (insurance)
- Fellow of Canadian Institute of Actuaries
- Fibre Channel Industry Association
- Fine Chocolate Industry Association (Seattle, WA)
- Firestop Contractors International Association
- First Commonwealth Insurance Agency, Inc. (Indiana, PA)
- Foreign Credit Insurance Association
- Fuzhou Changle International Airport (China)
- Fiscal Control and Internal Auditing Act (Illinois)
- Florida Clean Indoor Air Act
- Florida Crime and Intelligence Analyst Association (est. 1995)
- Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference
- Fibre Channel Industry Association Europe
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Florida Cattlemen's Institute and Allied Trade Show
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (UK)
- Finance, Credit and International Business (Colmbia, MD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 expanded independent living services for this vulnerable population, but it falls short of providing the resources necessary for a true safety net.
Arizona is one of five states that have taken advantage of the Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 that gives states the option to cover current and former foster kids under Medicaid until they reach 21.