With climate change concerns and the rising price of crude oil there are great hopes for biofuels, especially as the best performing can deliver 10 times more energy than is needed to produce them and release a quarter of the emissions of their fossil fuel equivalent.
What does FFE stand for?
FFE stands for Fossil Fuel Equivalent (energy measurement)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FFE
We have 74 other meanings of FFE in our Acronym Attic
- Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment
- Flame Field Expedients
- Flat File Extractor
- Flexible Fiberoptic Endoscopy
- Fondation Friedrich Ebert (French: Friedrich Ebert Foundation)
- Food for Education
- Ford Focus Electric (auto)
- Forge Fast Expand (StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty; video game)
- Forty Foot Echo (band)
- Forty Foot Equivalent
- Foundation for Education (various organizations)
- Foundation for Evangelism
- Foundation For Excellence (Santa Clara, CA)
- Fox Filmed Entertainment (News Corporation)
- Free Flow Electrophoresis
- Free From Explosives (certificate)
- Fremont Flute Ensemble (Fremont, CA)
- Friede Freude Eierkuchen (German: Make People Think; gaming)
- Friends Forever
- Front Forward Edge (aviation load and balance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This legislation should be delayed until it includes greenhouse gas measures that show the emissions savings of every biofuel are at least 60% above their fossil fuel equivalent.
It wants more government backing for biofuels, which offer some 60% carbon dioxide saving on their fossil fuel equivalents.