What is the maximum dose of Fosphenytoin that can be given IV on a general unit?
What does FPHT stand for?
FPHT stands for Fosphenytoin (drug)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FPHT
- Foster Parent Home Page
- Fourth Population and Health Project (Bangladesh)
- Florida Public Health Review (University of South Florida)
- Farmers' Preventive Health Service (Sweden)
- Forest Park Senior High School (Virginia)
- Fort Payne High School (Fort Payne, AL)
- Franklin Pierce High School (Tacoma, WA)
- Florida Parishes Human Services Authority
- Fisheries Post-Harvest Technology
- Forest Products Harvest Tax (Oregon)
- Forum Posters High Tech Fund
- Firma Produkcyjno-Handlowo-Uslugowa (Polish commercial production company)
- Fundacion Pro Humanae Vitae (Argentina)
- Family Planning Health Worker
- Fabry-Perot Interferometer
- Facilities Project Information
- Facility Project Index
- Fairbridge Project International, Inc
- Faith and Politics Institute
- Faktorprisindex (Swedish: Factor Price Index)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Vitamin D Depletion by Drugs The following drugs deplete vitamin D: barbiturates, carbamazepine, cholestyramine, cimetidine, colestipol, corticosteroids, famotidine, fosphenytoin, isoniazid, mineral oil, nizatidine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, ranitidine, and rifampin.
Until the FDA completes the evaluation, "health care providers should consider avoiding phenytoin and fosphenytoin as alternatives for carbamazepine in patients who test positive for HLA-B*1502.
The standardized order set recommends emergency antiepileptic drug doses per kilogram (for example, lorazepam, fosphenytoin sodium, valproic acid, phenobarbital sodium, and rectal diazepam) to be immediately available if needed.
Fosphenytoin (Cerebyx [R]) is a phosphate ester prodrug of phenytoin that can be administered either intravenously or intramuscularly.
Fosphenytoin (Cerebyx) is a prodrug that is rapidly converted to phenytoin in the body, so the nurse might see this variation of the drug ordered for L.
Fosphenytoin (Cerebyx[R], Parke-Davis) is a recently approved, freely water-soluble phosphate ester prodrug of phenytoin that delivers phenytoin into the systemic circulation with ~100% bioavailability, after IM or IV administration.