Other technologies intruded to help enhance night-vision capabilities include range-gated lasers and 3rd generation forward-looking infrared systems.
What does FLIRS stand for?
FLIRS stands for Forward-Looking Infrared System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FLIRS
- Future License of Intellectual Property Registry (digital media distribution system)
- Flight Information Processing System
- Firm Level Income and Policy Simulator Model
- Forward Looking Infrared Radiometer
- Forward-Looking Infrared (Radar)
- Future Licensing and Inspection Readiness Assessment (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Front Loaded Interest Reduction Bond (Brazil)
- Forward - Looking Infrared Forecast
- Force Level Information Requirements Plan
- Forward Looking Infrared Radar System
- Frequently Listening Receiver Slave
- Fast Ladies Into Riding Together (motorcycle riding club)
- Fast Light Innovative Regional Train (transportation)
- Fast Linear Intermediate Range Transmission Loss Model
- Feinberg Library Internet Resource Tracker
- Flinker Leichter Innovativer Regional-Triebzug (German train)
- Forward Looking Infrared Tracking
- Free Living Intense Recreation Troupe (Oklahoma)
- Formalism, Logic, Institution-Relating, Translating, and Structuring
- Federal Logistics Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
WHEN soldiers of Company C, 1st Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, at Fort Hood, Texas, received M1A2 tanks in September 2002, the Army's newest forward-looking infrared system was built in.
Cutlass 476, our detachment's SH-60B, was to launch, radar floodlight the area, and visually identify all contacts with our forward-looking infrared system (FLIR).