Battle-proven by defence forces in the harshest of environments, PPSS combines sound, vibration and imaging sensors for enhanced situational awareness and the constant monitoring of threats against military bases, forward observation posts and other secure facilities.
What does FWD OP stand for?
FWD OP stands for Forward Observation Post
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Floquet Wave Diffraction
- Fort Worth and Denver Railway Company
- Foundation for Woodstove Dissemination (Kenya)
- Four Wheel Drive
- Free Will and Determinism (psychology scale)
- Free World Dialup
- Fresh Water Drain
- Front Wheel Drive
- Full Ward Diet
- Fort Worth Dallas Four Wheel Drive Club
- Finnish Working Dog Association (est. 1935)
- Former Waste Disposal Area
- Fort Wingate Depot Activity (Arizona)
- Fort Worth Darts Association (Fort Worth, TX)
- Fort Worth Dietetic Association (Fort Worth, TX)
- Friendly Weapon Danger Area
- Forward Area (US Navy)
- Fort Worth Dallas Ballet (Texas)
- Full Width Deformable Barrier (vehicle crash test)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Saturday, October 28, 1916, Martinpuich: Got up to go to forward observation post with Godkin [Gunner John Henry Godkin] about 500 yards in plain view of the enemy.
Later his forward observation post was blown up by an allied shell: his three companions died and he was badly wounded.
Irwin had positioned himself up on the front ridge of the British forward observation post (OP) overlooking the advancing Germans.
If there were any Argentine forward observation posts we would have been attacked.
I was often in one of the forward observation posts, and it was often very frightening.
From his forward observation post on the front lines of the Persian Gulf War, Marine reservist Louis Medrano called in artillery fire and told fighter pilots where to drop bombs on the enemy just across the border.
During the Cold War years it was rarely employed, but during peacekeeping operations in the Balkans it was given a new lease on life for the purpose of firing both smoke and illumination rounds from forward observation posts.