Most forward support battalions (FSBs) quickly find themselves 20 to 25 kilometers behind the forward line of own troops (FLOT), which is out of position to support the increased lines of communication.
What does FLOT stand for?
FLOT stands for Forward Line of Own Troops
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FLOT
We have 3 other meanings of FLOT in our Acronym Attic
- Free/Libre Open Source (software)
- Stanford Foreign Language Oral Skills Evaluation Matrix
- Free Linux Open Source Software
- Free/Libre and Open Source Software
- Free/Libre and Open Source Software in Education
- Free Libre Open Source Software in Education
- Front for the Liberation of Occupied South Yemen
- Fairbanks Light Opera Theater (Alaska)
- Flying Lead Orientaton Tool (subsea flying lead assembly)
- Flight of the Conchords (also seen as FOTC)
- Flexible Learning on the Internet (UK)
- Forward Link-Only Technology for Mobile
- Floating Gate Tunnel Oxide
- First Lady Of The United States
- Fuzzy Logic and Uncertainty Engine
- Feminists Liberating Our World
- Florida Licensing On Wheels
- Focused Logistics Wargame
- For Leisure or Work
Samples in periodicals archive:
Engineer scouts that are equipped with the Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2) System and task-organized in support of the brigade-reconnaissance-troop structure enable instant digital engineer situational awareness forward of the forward line of own troops (FLOT).
The AN/MPQ-64 is accurate, quick-reacting and acquires targets sufficiently beyond the forward line of own troops to reduce FAAD weapon reaction time and allow engagement at optimum ranges.