[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] When exiting aircraft, some pilots and gunners like to remove their helmet and lay it on the extended forward avionics bay (EFAB).
What does FAB stand for?
FAB stands for Forward Avionics Bay
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAB
We have 272 other meanings of FAB in our Acronym Attic
- Fleet Air Base (US Navy)
- Flex Ajax Bridge (software; Adobe)
- Flight Assignment Baseline
- Florida Association of Broadcasters
- Flour Advisory Bureau (UK)
- Food and Beverage (various organizations)
- For A Bit
- Força Aérea Brasileira
- Forward Air Base
- Forward and Beyond (Vitalij Kuprij instrumental music album)
- Four Ancient Books of Wales (William Skene anthology)
- Fragment of Immunoglobulin prepared by Papain Treatment
- Franchise Advisory Board (various companies)
- Franco à Bord (French: Free on Board)
- French-American-British (classification of leukemia)
- Frequency Allocation Board (Pakistan)
- Frequency Availability Broadcast
- Fresh Air Base (deep mine rescue)
- Freshman Advisory Board (student organization)
- Friendship across Borders (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mechanics, when you remove the universal tracking device (UTD) camera, NSN 6210-01-348-8252, from the AH-64D left extended forward avionics bay (EFAB) and put it back into the vibration analysis kit, NSN 6625-01-282-3746, don't leave the four holes in the left EFAB cowling uncovered.
Mechanics, to stop cable chafing and broken connectors in the right and left forward avionics bays (FAB), give 'em a little slack and protection.
Plus, water can also seep into the forward avionics bay and cause damage to components.