QinetiQ have been awarded an 18 month extension to its Distributed Synthetic Air Land Training (DSALT) contract by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) The initial contract was awarded in May 2009 for 4 years and allows for RAF pilots training alongside British Army forward air controllers and artillery personnel prior to deployment to the front line.
What does FAC(A) stand for?
FAC(A) stands for Forward Air Controller (Airborne)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Fuerza Aerea Colombiana
- Full Absorption Costing (accounting)
- Fully Absorbed Cost
- Fully Allocated Costs
- Fun Activities Committee (various organizations)
- Functional Account Chief/Code
- Functional Area Chief
- Funds At Completion
- Future Agricultures Consortium (UK)
- Forward Area Collection & Electronic Countermeasures Study
- Forward Air Controller-Airborne (also abbreviated FACA)
- Federal Acquisition Certification-Contracting
- Fractional Area Change for the Free Wall
- Forward Air Control Post
- Forward Air Controller/Forward Observer
- Field Artillery Command and Control
- Florida Advanced Center for Composite Technologies
- Farmstead & Artisan Cheese Alliance (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Federal Advisory Committee Act
- Federal Assignment of Claims Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
He served on the front line in Afghanistan at Christmas 2007 as a Forward Air Controller.
The MB-339 is specifically designed to excel in the Close Air Support, Forward Air Controller - Airborne (FAC-A) and training Joint Terminal Attack Controllers roles.
He served for 10 weeks in the country as a forward air controller during 2007-08 directing jets dropping bombs on Taliban positions in Helmand province.
Forward to the Present: Integration of the Forward Air Controller (Airborne) and Special Operations Forces At present, each service that possesses tactical fixed-wing aircraft maintains a nominal FAC(A) capability.
Sergeant Mark Perren, a forward air controller, passed on the order to the US aircraft.