Yawata, one of the B-29s primary targets flown from the forward air bases in China, was located on Kyushu Island near the Shimonoseki Strait at the north end of the island.
What does FAB stand for?
FAB stands for Forward Air Base
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FAB
We have 272 other meanings of FAB in our Acronym Attic
- Flat Ass Broke
- Flavoured Alcoholic Beverage
- Fleet Air Base (US Navy)
- Flex Ajax Bridge (software; Adobe)
- Flight Assignment Baseline
- Florida Association of Broadcasters
- Flour Advisory Bureau (UK)
- Food and Beverage (various organizations)
- For A Bit
- Força Aérea Brasileira
- Forward and Beyond (Vitalij Kuprij instrumental music album)
- Forward Avionics Bay
- Four Ancient Books of Wales (William Skene anthology)
- Fragment of Immunoglobulin prepared by Papain Treatment
- Franchise Advisory Board (various companies)
- Franco à Bord (French: Free on Board)
- French-American-British (classification of leukemia)
- Frequency Allocation Board (Pakistan)
- Frequency Availability Broadcast
- Fresh Air Base (deep mine rescue)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAPTION(S): READY FOR ACTION A bunker bomb is loaded onto an RAF jet at their forward air base in Gioia Del Colle, Italy
Private Samudio was first taken to an Army combat support hospital at Forward Air Base Liberty, Iraq, where one of his feet was amputated in the first of several surgeries.
Where a nation-state might deploy a mix of crude and advanced weapons to limit options, disrupt freedom of action, or deny access to key assets such as forward air bases.
Islamabad has, however, recommended New Delhi that deactivate its forward air bases and move its ground troops back to peacetime locations.
India should deactivate its forward air bases and relocate its ground forces to peacetime positions," Qureshi said.