This has traditionally been a "port-to-door" contracted move from the contiguous United States (what Alaskans call "the lower 48") to the ammunition supply points (ASPs) in Fort Wainwright, Alaska (FWA), and the Fort Richardson side of Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska (JBER).
What does FTW stand for?
FTW stands for Fort Wainwright, Alaska
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FTW
We have 24 other meanings of FTW in our Acronym Attic
- For the Wolf
- For the World
- For the Worms
- For Those Wondering
- Ford Truck World
- Forever Together Whenever (gaming clan)
- Forever Truly White
- Forever Two Wheels
- Forget the World (polite form)
- Forschungszentrum Telekommunikation Wien (Vienna, Austria)
- Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center (Amtrak station code; Fort Worth, TX)
- Fort Worth Meacham Field (Airport Code)
- Forward the Word (Internet slang)
- Forward Towards Wing (Hattrick; online game)
- Frank the Welder (mountain bikes)
- Free the Weak
- Free the Weed
- Free the Whales
- Free The Wookies (humor)
- Free to Watch
Samples in periodicals archive:
A 1st Stryker Brigade Soldier who saved the life of his platoon leader was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross last December 12 at Fort Wainwright, Alaska, for his actions during an ambush in Iraq.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Caption: Soldiers of the 1st Stryker Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, at Fort Wainwright, Alaska, perform maintenance on Stryker vehicle components following their redeployment from Iraq.
Major Martinez served eight years as an enlisted Soldier, beginning his military career as a paralegal specialist in the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, 6th Infantry Division (Light), Fort Wainwright, Alaska.
Fawvor III, a network administrator at the 59th's 507th Signal Company, Fort Wainwright, Alaska, was selected as the brigade's NCO of the Year 2006, while his co-worker, SPC Kelly L.