WITH THE BEACHHEAD ESTABLISHED, FORT GARRY HORSE REGIMENT TANKS WERE UNLOADED ENGINEERS BUILT A SPECIAL RAMP TO ALLOW THE TANKS TO CLIMB UP AND OVER A DEFENSIVE SEAWALL BUILT BY THE GERMANS.
What does FGH stand for?
FGH stands for Fort Garry Horse (Canadian armoured regiment)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FGH
We have 21 other meanings of FGH in our Acronym Attic
- Finite Generalized Gaussian Mixture (segmentation)
- Fort George G Meade (Maryland)
- Fairmont General Hospital (West Virginia)
- Fallston General Hospital (Fallston, MD)
- Fearless Ghost Hunters (gaming clan)
- Female Garden Hose
- Fessel Goldman & Hirsch (Rhode Island law firm)
- Foellinger Great Hall (University of Illinois)
- Fördergemeinschaft Gutes Hören (German: Promotion of Good Hearing)
- Forrest General Hospital (Hattiesburg, MS)
- Fourier-Grid Hamiltonian
- From Good Homes (band)
- Fine Grain Heat-Affected Zone
- First Gas Holding Corporation (Philippines)
- Florida Governor's Hurricane Conference
- Fribourg Gottéron Hockey Club (Switzerland)
- Feminist Glossary of Human Geography (textbook)
- Fondation General Henri Guisan (French: Henri Guisan Foundation General)
- Fairmont General Hospital, Inc. (West Virginia)
- Fidonet Global Hypertext Interchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
life in the Fort Garry Horse, A Squadron, a light armoured unit, in the fall of 1968.
For example, Beevor writes about how during the fighting a squadron of tanks from the Fort Garry Horse ran over corpses and several of their own wounded soldiers on the beach.