The medicinal activities of forskolin are due to its ability to activate the enzyme adenylyl cyclase and therefore to increase the levels of cyclic AMP (cAMP) in the cells.
What does FRK stand for?
FRK stands for Forskolin
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FRK
We have 11 other meanings of FRK in our Acronym Attic
- Facility Reject Message
- Falkenburg Road Jail (Tampa, FL)
- Fantasy Realms Journal (Amateur Press Association)
- Fitted Rowing Jacket
- Fondation Ressources Jeunesse (French: Youth Resources Foundation; Quebec, Canada)
- Formula Rotax Junior (racing)
- Flat Rock Junior High (Hendersonville, NC)
- Field Readiness Kit
- Flatcoated Retriever Klubben (Swedish: Flat-Coated Retriever Club; Sweden; est. 1977)
- Fork (street type)
- Fröken (Swedish: Unmarried Woman)
- Fyn-Related Kinase
- Fundusz Rozwoju Kultury Fizycznej (Polish: Fund for Development of Physical Culture)
- Forks (street type)
- Facility Restriction Level
- Failure Rate Level (standard for electronic components)
- Family Research Laboratory (University of New Hampshire)
- Fantasy Racing League
- Feltman Research Labs.
- Feyenoord Rotterdam Lyrics
Samples in periodicals archive:
They found that forskolin also ramps up nerves and can help keep nitric oxide flowing to maintain an erection.
Forskolin helps build lean body mass and maintain healthy body composition; Hydroxycitric acid in combination with garcinol supports satiety.
Forskolin can have some medical benefits, according to experts, but only if properly tested and regulated.
On the other hand, study with cultured human theca cells showed insulin alone had no effect on 17[alpha]-hydroxylase activity or CPY17 expression but requires concomitant activation of cAMP signaling pathway by forskolin (27).
i]; the response to forskolin was also increased to a greater extent than that to fluoride.
Cumulus cells secrete a meiosi-inducing substance by stimulation with forskolin and dibutyric cyclic adenosine monophosphate.
1 nM), forskolin (10 [micro]M), and interleukin-1[beta] (10 nM) on OXTR mRNA expression by quantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR).