The generation 5 drives are designed with backwards-compatible read- and-write capability with the Ultrium format generation 4 cartridges and backward read capabilities with generation 3 cartridges.
What does FORGE stand for?
FORGE stands for Format Generation
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FORGE
We have 1 other meaning of FORGE in our Acronym Attic
- First Order Random Graph
- Force Options Research Group (Seattle, WA)
- Forge (street type)
- Friends of Retired Greyhounds (Colorado)
- Friends of Richmond Green (UK)
- Facilitating Opportunities for Refugee Growth and Empowerment
- Fellowship of Role Gaming Enthusiasts (Memphis, TN)
- FLAMES Operational Requirements Graphical Editor
- For Ourselves: Reworking Gender Expression (Milwaukee, WI)
- Force Generation Report
- Finding Ourselves Really Giving Individuals Valuable Energy
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy
- Fellowship of Reconciliation India (est. 1950)
- Fluency-Oriented Reading Instruction (teaching method)
- Foreign Oil Related Income
- Forest Research Institute (Philippines)
- Forest Research Institute of Ghana
- Formula One Results & Information Explorer (auto racing)
- Fiber Optic Rotary Joints
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new feature in this DAT format generation is the addition of hardware-based data encryption to provide additional security for stored data and better performance for the data storage system.
Customers have already expressed interest in the advantages that LTO Ultrium format generation 4 provides, such as the doubling of the storage capacity of LTO 3, improved transfer rates and encryption capabilities.