In addition, our institute provides newly established molecular biologic methods (PCR) enabling not only an exact differentiation between liver cancer or metastases and AE but also species-specific diagnosis based on native material from operations on AE patients and on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue (12).
What does FFPET stand for?
FFPET stands for Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissue
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Frankfort Fire Protection District (Frankfort, IL)
- Full-Face, Pressure Demand
- Fédération de la Fonction Publique Européenne (French: European Civil Service Federation; staff trade union; various organizations)
- Fédération des Femmes pour l'Europe (French: Federation of Women for Europe)
- Fédération Française du Pilotage d'Entreprises (French: French Federation of Business Control)
- Festival de Films de Portneuf sur l'Environnement (French: Portneuf Film Festival on Environment; Portneuf, Quebec, Canada)
- Formaldehyde Fixed-Paraffin Embedded (tissue)
- Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded (tissue)
- Fractional Fokker-Planck Equation
- Fédération Francophone des Praticiens et Enseignants en Réflexologie (French: French Federation of Reflexology Teachers and Practitioners)
- Fairly Fast Packet Filter (computing)
- Family Friendly Programming Forum
- Fédération Française des Pompes Funèbres (French: French Federation of Funeral Directors)
- Fiber Fabry-Perot Filter (optics)
- Fighting For Penguins Freedom
- Find Fast Parts Fast (Performance Warehouse Association)
- Freedom from Poverty Foundation (est. 1993; Canada)
- Friends of Faith Pruden Foundation (Powell, OH)
- Faculdade de Formação de Professores de Goiana (Portuguese: Goiana College of Teacher Education; Brazil)
- Filter Factory Programming Guide
Samples in periodicals archive:
In sections on tissue processing, staining techniques, and imaging techniques, they discuss an optimized RNA extraction method from archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, double immuno-histochemistry with horseradish peroxide and alkaline phosphate detection systems, duplex in-situ hybridization in the study of the gene co-regulation in the vertebrate brain, using confocal microscopy for three-dimensional imaging of neurons in the spinal cord, software-based stacking techniques to enhance depth of field and dynamic range in digital photomicrography, and other topics.