Ten years ago, the Stanford Digital Forma Urbis Romae Project started creating digital 3D scans and colour photographs of the 1,186 surviving fragments and using shape-matching algorithms to try to fit together the pieces.
What does FUR stand for?
FUR stands for Forma Urbis Romae
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of FUR
We have 44 other meanings of FUR in our Acronym Attic
- Federal Utility Partnership Working Group
- Follow Up Questionnaire
- Frequently Unanswered Question
- Frequently Unasked Questions
- Freenet Utility for Queued Inserts and Downloads
- Facility Utilization Request (US NASA)
- Fast Update Request
- Ferric Uptake Regulation (protein)
- Fire Underwriting Report (insurance)
- Fixed Unit Rate
- Fouled Up Royally
- Framakey Ubuntu-Fr Remix (French mobile office solution)
- Frente Unido Revolucionario (Africa)
- Full-Up Round
- Funded University Research (various schools)
- Fury Explorations Ltd (Vancouver, BC, Canada; stock symbol)
- Future Utility Rotorcraft
- Winthrop Realty Trust (real estate investement stock symbol)
- Forces United for Rapid Action (Puerto Rican police)
- Forum of University Research Authority Directors
Samples in periodicals archive:
INCREASING USABILITY Because applications like Digital Forma Urbis Romae require significant bandwidth and processor resources to be effective, these impacts could be years away.
His efforts with the Forma Urbis Romae earned him a place last year in Wired magazine's "Wired 25" list of individuals deemed to be "attempting the impossible.