The service members pleaded guilty and received "nonjudicial" punishments as part of the agreements, meaning they will not get criminal charges, but could only face reduction in rank, restriction to a military base, extra duties, forfeiture of pay or a reprimand.
What does FORPAY stand for?
FORPAY stands for Forfeiture of Pay
This definition appears very rarely
- Friends of Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN)
- Functional Osteocartilaginous Reconstruction of the Nasal Septum
- Friends of Russian Orphans
- Family Outreach and Response Program
- Fibre Optic Respiratory Plethysmography
- Free Online Research Papers
- Friends of Rockwood Park (New Brunswick, Canada)
- Friends of Roundhay Park (UK; est. 1994)
- Friends of Ruskin Park (UK)
- Florida Online Reading Professional Development
- Fiber-Optic Ring Resonator
- Flight Operations Readiness Review
- Freedom of the Road Riders (Motorcyclists)
- Friends of Rodgers Ranch (Pleasant Hill, CA)
- Friends of the Railroad (various locations)
- Friends of the Russian River
- Friends of Red Rock Canyon (Las Vegas, NV)
- Forest Resources Research Institute
- Frontier and Offshore Regulatory Renewal Initiative (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Non-judicial punishment may include reduction in rank, restriction to a military base, extra duties, forfeiture of pay, a reprimand, or a combination of these measures.
The administrative punishments -- which could include things like reduce rank or forfeiture of pay -- fell short of criminal prosecution, and it was unclear whether they would satisfy Afghan demands for justice.
As previously discussed, a convening authority can waive the automatic forfeiture of pay and allowances only if the accused is otherwise entitled to such pay and allowances.
A punishment of seven days' restrictions and nine days' forfeiture of pay was administered, but LAC Khan appealed and the disciplinary action was not taken.
Despite the skipper's lawyer earlier saying Waddle would likely receive a letter of reprimand, sources close to the investigation believe Waddle will instead face a one-month confinement and forfeiture of pay.
The maximum punishment for a premeditated murder conviction is death, dishonorable discharge from the armed forces, reduction to the lowest enlisted grade and total forfeiture of pay and allowances, Col Kolb said.