Watkins is the author of the 1968 "Watkins Report" on foreign ownership which is often credited with leading to the creation of the national Foreign Investment Review Agency (now Investment Canada).
What does FIRA stand for?
FIRA stands for Foreign Investment Review Agency (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FIRA
We have 19 other meanings of FIRA in our Acronym Attic
- Focused Independent Research & Development
- Fairness and Independence in Redistricting Act
- Federation International de Rugby Amateur
- Federation of International Robot-soccer Association
- Fideicomisos Instituidos En Relacion Con La Agricultura (Spanish: Trust Funds for Rural Development; Mexico)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Financial Institutions Regulatory and Interest Rate Control Act of 1978
- Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2004
- Florida Intercollegiate Rowing Association
- Fonds d'Investissement pour la Relève Agricole (French: Investment Fund for Agricultural Succession; Canada)
- Furniture Industry Research Association (UK)
- Fédération Internationale de Rugby Amateur - Association Européenne de Rugby (French: International Amateur Rugby Federation - European Rugby Association)
- Factory Inspectorate Research Advisory Committee (United Kingdom)
- facts, issue, rule, analysis, conclusion
- Facts, Issue, Rule, Argument and Conclusion
- Federation International Radio Amateurs Cheminots
- Federation Internationale des Radio Amateurs Cheminots (French: International Federation of Railway Radio Amateurs)
- Fire-Accident Analysis Code
- Fishing Industry Research Advisory Committee
- Furniture & Interior Renovations Advisory Committee (Singapore)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Soon the federal government also offered block grants, set up an export program, and established the Foreign Investment Review Agency (FIRA).
The idea behind the Foreign Investment Review Agency (FIRA) was to protect the Canadian economy from being taken over by outsiders.