According to the report, 156 Egyptian nationals and legal entities had been the subject of inquiries by foreign Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) in 2011.
What does FFIU stand for?
FFIU stands for Foreign Financial Intelligence Unit (Bahamas)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of FFIU in our Acronym Attic
- Frozen Food Information Service (UK)
- Florida Financial and Insurance Services Corporation (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
- Fujian Foreign Investment Service Center (est. 1991)
- Fast Frigate Integrated Shipboard Tactical System
- Federation for Integrated Tourism (international trade association)
- Female Figure Identification Technique for Apparel (software)
- Fixed Wing Fleet Information Tracker (US Army)
- Foundation for Families in Transformation (Canada)
- Foundation for International Training (Canada)
- Free-Flow Isotachophoresis
- Final Fantasy Four (video game)
- File Format for the Interchange of Virtual Worlds (file extension)
- Final Fantasy 9 (game)
- Fabric of the Future Jersey (hockey trading cards)
- Fantasy Football Jungle (website)
- Festival Film Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Fight for Justice
- Forum Français de la Jeunesse (French: French Youth Forum)
- Free Flight Japan, Inc. (sky-diving club)
- Freelance France Japon (French-Japanese entrepreneur group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The centre also disseminated a total of 20 intelligence reports to foreign Financial Intelligence Units for purposes of investigating suspected activities of money laundering and terrorism financing and to facilitate the seizing, freezing and confiscation of suspected proceeds of crime occurring in such foreign jurisdictions.
In 2005, it sent official requests to foreign financial intelligence units on 155 cases concerning 284 national and foreign entities suspected of money laundering, while foreign FIUs sent 59 requests to the GIIF, concerning 164 national and foreign entities suspected of attempting to launder proceeds from crime.