America requires all foreign financial institutions to meet disclosure compliance agreements with the US Treasury.
What does FFI stand for?
FFI stands for Foreign Financial Institution
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FFI
We have 125 other meanings of FFI in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Fraud Institute
- Fire Facilities, Inc. (Sun Prairie, WI)
- Fish Farming International (journal)
- Fixed and Flashing
- Flame Failure Indicator
- Flexible Film Isolator
- Fonds Francophone des Inforoutes (French: Francophone Information Highway Fund; est. 1998)
- Football Frontier International
- For Further Information
- Forces Françaises de l'Intérieur (WWII, French Resistance Army)
- Foreign Function Interface
- Forest Frontiers Initiative
- Formal Financial Institution
- Forsvarets Forsknings Institutt
- Forum Francophone International (French: International Francophone Forum)
- Fotografie Forum International (German photography forum)
- Fraction of Failures Isolated
- Fraction of Faults Isolated
- France Finance Investissement (French investment company)
- Fraternité Francophone Internationale (French: Francophone International Fraternity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
From next year, foreign financial institutions must sign FFI (foreign financial institution) agreement with the U.
In addition, FATCA will require foreign financial institutions to report directly to the IRS certain information about financial accounts held by U.
It would penalize foreign financial institutions that do business with Iran s central bank, the main conduit for its oil revenues.
institution, upon request from Treasury, to ask a foreign financial institution customer about transactions or certain other financial services it may be providing to sanctioned Iranian entities.
One gap in the information available to the US Treasury Department has been direct reporting from foreign financial institutions on the accounts of US residents and citizens.