According to Colt Defense, the CQBP expands on a long history of Marine Corps Systems Command rebuilding original government-issued 1911s, primarily for use by Force Recon and Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command units.
What does FR stand for?
FR stands for Force Recon (gaming)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FR
We have 69 other meanings of FR in our Acronym Attic
- Fleet Reserve (US Navy)
- Flexible Reinforced (ventilation duct, mining)
- Flight Radar (airplane tracking application)
- Flight Recorder
- Flocculation Reaction - Sachs-Georgi Test
- Flow Rate
- Floyd Rose (inventor of the locking tremelo system, likewise named)
- Fluid Restriction (physiology)
- Force Recon
Samples in periodicals archive:
He left the Marines for one year before re-enlisting in 2000, where he plied his radio work for 1st Force Recon out of Camp Pendleton, Calif.
Fortune Favors the Brave: The Story of First Force Recon by Bruce F.
In a joint operation, those functions are likely to be performed by special-operations forces, and a Marine force recon unit won't be utilized.