The group from the Football Unites, Racism Divides scheme were returning to Sheffield from a tournament in Italy.
What does FURD stand for?
FURD stands for Football Unites, Racism Divides (est. 1995; UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FURD
We have 3 other meanings of FURD in our Acronym Attic
- Fury Explorations Ltd (Vancouver, BC, Canada; stock symbol)
- Future Utility Rotorcraft
- Winthrop Realty Trust (real estate investement stock symbol)
- Forces United for Rapid Action (Puerto Rican police)
- Forum of University Research Authority Directors
- Fouled Up Really Bad (polite form)
- Funded Unapproved Retirement Benefit Schemes (UK)
- Fundacion por la Unidad y Reconstruccion de la Costa Atlantica (Spanish: Foundation for Unity and Reconstruction of the Atlantic Coast)
- Flinders University Rural Clinical School (Australia)
- Feline Upper Respiratory Disease (cat flu)
- Families United for Racial and Economic Equality
- Further Report To
- Federal University of Rio Grande (Brazil)
- Finite Unitary Reflection Group
- Flinders University Rural Health Society (Australia)
- Fair Use Remix Institute
- Family Unification and Resettlement Initiative (New York)
- Febrile Upper Respiratory Illness
- Frequency Utilization Resource Integration and Engineering System
- File Uniform Resource Locators (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
National campaigning group Kick It Out and Sheffield-based Football Unites, Racism Divides have produced a 16-page fanzine called United Colours of Football aimed at fans cynical about current anti-racism measures.