Hand, foot and mouth disease is a widespread viral infection commonly seen in infants, children and occasionally adults.
What does FMD stand for?
FMD stands for Foot and Mouth Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FMD
We have 111 other meanings of FMD in our Acronym Attic
- Fleet Maintenance Data
- Fleet Management Division (various locations)
- Flood Maintenance Division (Los Angeles, CA)
- Flooded Member Detection (offshore engineering)
- Florida Mainstream Democrats
- Flow-Mediated Dilatation
- Fluid Mechanics Department (various organizations)
- Fluorescent Multi-layer Disk
- Fondazione Mondo Digitale (Italian: Digital World Foundation)
- Fonds Migration et Développement (French: Migration and Development Fund)
- Force Management Division
- Force Mix Data
- Force Modernization Division
- Fort Madison (Amtrak station code; Fort Madison, IA)
- Forward Multiplicity Detector
- Fournitures et Matériels de Déménagements (French: Moving Supplies and Materials)
- Free Music Download
- Frontometaphyseal Dysplasia (progressive bone disease)
- Fuels Manager Defense
- Full Material Disclosure (products; varioius companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under European Union rules, member states have to evaluate their foot and mouth disease contingency plans either twice within a five-year period or once during the five years after the outbreak of a major disease has been effectively controlled and eradicated.
On Friday, staff at Newdigate Primary School in Anderton Road, Bedworth, were notified by a parent that a child was found by their doctor to have the common viral illness - completely unrelated to foot and mouth disease which affects cattle, sheep and pigs.
Two human enterovirus 71 (HEV71) isolates were identified from hand, foot and mouth disease patients with genome sequences that had high similarity to HEV71 ([greater than or equal to] 93%) at 5'UTR, P1, and P2 and coxsackievirus A16 (CV-A16, [greater than or equal to] 85%) at P3 and 3'UTR.
Mr Bradshaw said progress includes the negotiation of a new EU Directive on Foot and Mouth Disease control, which has placed vaccination at the forefront of disease-control strategy.
A new Bill to speed up action against farm infections such as foot and mouth disease was unveiled by the Government yesterday.
DuPont and Antec have previously joined efforts in fighting outbreaks of foot and mouth disease internationally, including last year's outbreaks in Japan, Taiwan, Korea and South Africa and the 1997 outbreak in Taiwan.