In 2005, the world watched as Pope John Paul II accepted and embraced crossing the threshold into eternity through strengthening sacraments such as the anointing of the dying Christian, words of absolution and pardon, the offering of Christ himself by way of viaticum--the Bread of Life, the Bread come down from heaven--given as food for the journey to sustain on the way to heaven and finance the beautiful commendation prayer that was spoken just prior to Pope John Paul's death with hundreds of thousands gathered underneath his apartment window while millions watched around the world: Go forth, O Christian soul, on your journey from this world; in the name of God the Father who created you.
What does FFTJ stand for?
FFTJ stands for Food for the Journey
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of FFTJ in our Acronym Attic
- Fire Fighting
- Fire Fighting Technology Group (Gaithersburg, MD)
- Fire from the Gods (band)
- Food for the Gods
- Friends from the Heart, Forever (Delta Kappa Epsilon, International fraternity)
- Final Fantasy the Hunting Grounds (gaming)
- Federazione Field Target Italia (Italian)
- Feel Free to Ignore
- Freedom for Targeted Individuals
- Fédération Française de Tir (French: French Shooting Federation)
- Fédération Française de Tir Libre (French: French Free Shooting Federation)
- Fight for the Light (gaming)
- From First to Last (band)
- Full Field Transmission Loss
- Fédération Française de Trial Moderne (French: French Federation of Modern Trial)
- Food for Thought Ministries
- Far from the Madding Crowd
- Fusion File Transfer Management System (Proginet/Microsoft)
- Future Force Tactical Network
- Fédération Francophone de Terre-Neuve et du Labrador (French: French Federation of Newfoundland and Labrador; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
So I'll be packing stickers, surprise treats, crayons and plenty of food for the journey there, in the hope of keeping George and big sister Molly happy during the flight.
The former parish priest and married father-of-two from Tonypandy in the Rhondda added: 'It is part of my job to issue the last rites, the sacraments are food for the journey and it helps you get close to God.
The peace of the evening fitted the Closing Worship where we heard again Jesus speaking words of forgiveness and we spoke the response of faith and received food for the journey.
Miss Alderman said they had been at the station for about 40 minutes talking to some local people when Mr Powell decided to buy a phone card and some food for the journey at 9.
Food for the journey I enjoyed the recent article by Joyce Rupp ("Celtic Crossovers: May the Lent of the Irish be with you," March).
Food for the journey consisted of a bag of boiled sweets, a flask of tea and sandwiches.