It has recent information on new and active packaging technologies and food contact materials, more figures, and revised and new worked examples.
What does FCM stand for?
FCM stands for Food Contact Material (food safety; various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FCM
We have 231 other meanings of FCM in our Acronym Attic
- Flash Cache Module (internal computer flash drive)
- FLIR Characterization Module
- Florida Citrus Mutual
- Flow Cytometry
- Fluorescent Confocal Microscopy (biomedical research)
- Flying Course Manager (US Air Force)
- Focused Conversation Method
- Fonds pour la Création Musicale (French: Musical Creation Fund)
- Food Chain Model
- Food Chain Multiplier
- Football Club de Martigues (French football club)
- Football Club de Mulhouse (French football club)
- Football Club Mantois (French football club)
- Football Club Massy (French football club)
- Football Club Midtjylland (Danish soccer team)
- Foreign Consequence Management
- Forex Capital Market (also seen as FXCM)
- Foster Care Maintenance (various locations)
- Fracture Critical Member
- Frame Code Mode
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Swiss Ordinance The only European regulation applying specifically to food packaging inks is a national ordinance on food contact materials in Switzerland, a non-EU country, which came into effect three years ago.
The main legislation controlling all food contact materials and articles is European Regulation (EC) number 1935/2004.
Summary: DUBAI -- Food Control Department of Dubai Municipality (DM) has recently launched the second phase of food contact materials campaign in the municipality main building under the slogan "Safe Packing Right Step towards Food Safety" as part of World Food Day 2011.
Case Study:Poly-Ethylene Terephthalate (PET) as a Food Contact Material.
Additionally at the Conference, presentations from numerous organizations will demonstrate the application of DART mass spectrometry to problems in many areas such as: Rapid screening of drugs adulterated in herbal dietary supplements Metabolomic profiling of human serum Determination of pesticides on fruits and vegetables Unintentional transfer of food contact materials Detection of drugs in urine Dual use military/civilian wear sensors Analysis of switchgrass biomass Sugar quantitation for biofuels production Determination of ginsenosides in ginseng roots IonSense will also present the new ID CUBE Source with OpenSpot Sample Card at the Exhibition being held during the conference.
In recent years plastic food contact materials are being developed that do not only consist of one plastic but combine up to 15 different plastic layers to attain optimum functionality and protection of the food, while reducing packaging waste," it noted.
Here, food contact materials include materials used to produce, package, store, handle or serve food that comes or may come into contact with food.