Of these, more than half had anaphylaxis, the most severe allergic reaction involving at least two organ systems or low blood pressure (as defined by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease and the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network in 2006).
What does FAAN stand for?
FAAN stands for Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAAN
We have 12 other meanings of FAAN in our Acronym Attic
- First Aid Approvals and Monitoring Section (Health & Safety Executive; UK)
- Fellow of the American Association of Medical Transcription
- Florida Association of the American Medical Technologists
- Families Advocating Autism Now (est. 2009)
- Farm Animal Adoption Network
- Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria
- Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing
- Financial Aid Award Notice
- First Advertising Agency Network
- Ford-Employees African-American Network
- Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Fellow of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools
- Federal Aviation Administration Order
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Osteopathy
- Field Artillery Air Observer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN), a Fairfax, Virginia-based nonprofit, spearheaded legislation passed in 2004 requiring labeling of allergenic substances in English on packaged foods.
The Fairfax, Virginia-based Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network and the Farnborough, England-based Anaphylaxis Campaign are working to raise awareness about and conduct research on this issue.