Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) can be activated in response to various stimuli and plays an important role in the cancer cell proliferation and metastasis (Parsons 2003).
What does FAK stand for?
FAK stands for Focal Adhesion Kinase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FAK
We have 23 other meanings of FAK in our Acronym Attic
- Federation of All-Japan Karate-Do Organizations
- Formal Approaches to Japanese Linguistics
- Frente Amplio Juntos Para Todos (Spanish: Frente Amplio Together For All; Bolivia)
- Fastening and Joining Research Institute (Oakland University; Rochester, MI)
- Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association
- Fonds d'Aide au Jeu Vidéo (French: Video Game Help Fund)
- Federasie Van Afrikaanse Kultuurvereniginge (Federation of Afrikaans Culture Organisations, South Africa)
- Feeding at Keyboard
- First Aid Kit
- Flyaway Kit (Royal Australian Air Force)
- Freight All Kinds
- Fußballklub Austria Wien (German: Vienna, Austria soccer club)
- Focal Adhesion Kinase 1
- Florida Association of Kennel Clubs
- Fake Evidence Appearing Real
- Fast Accurate Kinetic-Energy
- Federation Assigned Ketogenic Killzone (computer game)
- Federation Assigned Ketogenic Killzone to the Second Level (FAKK2 game)
- Foreningen af Kroniske Smertepatienter (Danish: Association of Chronic Pain Patients)
- Fotograficzna Agencja Krzysztofa Tomasika (Polish: Krzysztofa Tomasika Photography Agency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the topics are the potential of bone marrow stomal stem cells to repair bone defects and fractures, diminishing gene expression in human mesenchymal stem cells by the mutation of focal adhesion kinase signaling, and differentiating multiple neuronal subtypes from mouse embryonic stem cells.
The protein, called focal adhesion kinase (FAK), could offer a new target for developing drugs that would prevent benign breast tumors from becoming malignant, the researchers say.
The targets included c-src which can activate focal adhesion kinase (FAK), PYK2, a soluble form of FAK, and the MAP kinases ERK 1/2, p38 and SAPK/JNK, which can upregulate cytokines that upregulate MMPs.
Exposure to R5 gp120 and X4 gp 120 resulted in activation of pro line-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (Pyk2), a non-receptor tyrosine kinase related to focal adhesion kinase.
3:45 Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK), a 125 kDa non-receptor tyrosine kinase, is known to be Important in intracellular signaling cascades and cell adhesion.