Richardson and Eric Charles were both hit by a pitch from reliever Victor Acosta to start the bottom of the 10th, but then Acosta got back-to-back fly outs before Murphy got the game-winning double.
What does AO stand for?
AO stands for Fly Outs (baseball statistic)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AO
We have 60 other meanings of AO in our Acronym Attic
- Automags Online
- Automated Office
- Automated Operations
- Autonomous Okrug
- Autres Objets (Canada universal postal union)
- Auxiliary Oiler (Ship Type)
- Auxiliary Operator (nuclear industry)
- Aviation Officer
- Aviation Ordnance Person (US DoD)
- Awards and Obligations
- Office of the Administrator
- Officer of the Order of Australia
- Operational Availability
- Order of Australia
- Other Articles (US postal service)
- Älykkyysosamäärä (Finnish: Intelligence Quotient)
- Ausserordentlicher Professor (German: extraodinary professor)
- Advanced Optics & Display Application
- Administration, Operations, & Maintenance (US DoD)
- Acousto-Optic Frequency-Dependent Phase Compensation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Capitales added single runs in the fourth and fifth innings, respectively against Mike Gedman on RBI fly outs by Wagner and Boucher.
The Volcanoes had runners on first and second against reliever Chris Wilkes in the sixth inning before he got a pair of fly outs to end the inning.