He also recognized the hard work of the students, who were awarded $13,800 in cash for their performance on the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) for the 2011-2012 academic year.
What does FCAT stand for?
FCAT stands for Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (statewide standardized test for Florida school children)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FCAT
We have 7 other meanings of FCAT in our Acronym Attic
- Frequency Control Ancillary Services (electric power industry)
- Fullerton College Associated Students
- Foreign Correspondents Association of Southern Africa
- Fox Chapel Area School District
- Friends of Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL)
- Florida Council Against Sexual Violence
- Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology (Simon Fraser University; Canada)
- Fair Competition Automation Tools
- Federal Conciliation and Arbitration Tribunal (Mexico)
- Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (India)
- Focused Collection and Analysis Team (US Navy)
- Fonds de Compensation des Accidents du Travail (French: Work Accidents Compensation Fund)
- FORTRAN (Formula Translator) Coverage Analysis Tool (computer programming)
- Four Corners Aquatic Team (Farmington, NM)
- Fonds Commun des Accidents du Travail Agricole (French: Common Fund for Agricultural Work Injuries)
- Flowers Crossing at the Mill (residential community; Lawrenceville, GA)
- Faculdade de Ciências Agrárias e Veterinárias
- Filipino-Canadian Association of Vaughan (Canada)
- Football Club Atlantique Vilaine (France)
- Foster Care Association of Victoria (Northcote, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But in Florida, those students who completed 3rd grade in the spring of 2003 and since have had to meet a minimum threshold on the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) reading examination in order to be promoted to the 4th grade, unless they receive a special waiver.
Bush also said his A-Plus system, which grades public schools based largely on the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test, or FCAT, has improved student performance and meant more graduates are going to college.
Superintendents argue that the results of the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (the exam on which schools are judged) would not be comparable to last year's scores.
In addition, the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test or FCAT is used to provide a measure of how the student, teacher and entire school are operating.
Adding to the Chances for Success The required Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test (FCAT) preparation was scheduled for Mondays from 2:30-5:30 p.
Parents may send their children to schools that perform better on the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test or to schools closer to child care or to parents' workplaces.