The complaint alleged that the processing of floating point numbers by the Linux operating system violated US Patent 5,892,697.
What does FPN stand for?
FPN stands for Floating Point Number
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FPN
We have 45 other meanings of FPN in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Privacy Now (Consumers Union campaign)
- Find Professionals Now (St. Paul, MN)
- Fine Print Note
- Finger Print Number (Oregon)
- First-Person Narrative (storytelling)
- Fixed Pattern Noise (variation of the pixel response at one moment of an image sensor in the dark)
- Fixed Penalty Notice (UK law enforcement)
- Fixed Pulse Radar Navigation Aid
- Floating Participating Note
- Fonds des Projets Nationaux (French: National Projects Fund; Canada)
- Ford Parenting Network
- Fountain Pen Network (forum)
- Front Patriotique Nigérien (French: Nigerien Patriotic Front)
- Fundacion de Parques Nacionales (Spanish: National Parks Foundation)
- Fundación Patagonia Natural
- Fabio Perini North America (various locations)
- Fellow Professional National Accountant
- Fisher Park Neighborhood Association (Greensboro, NC)
- Forest Park Neighborhood Association (Portland, OR)
Samples in periodicals archive:
GPUs are highly parallel, computationally powerful, very fast floating point number crunchers, designed for data parallel, task parallel or pipelined parallel programming--the sort of programming needed for scientific computing, simulation, animation.
1 gives Concluding Remarks We have studied a divide-and conquer algorithm together with floating point numbers transform for finding the inverse of ill-conditioned matrix A, our method, based on reducing the matrix into a lower triangular matrix, partitioning it into n / 2 x n / 2 sub-matrices, the inverse of the matrix is reduced in computing the inverse of sub-matrices.