The Finn-Power Express is a flexible manufacturing unit which allows full-sized sheets to be automatically loaded onto the table of a turret punch press, punched, formed, and unloaded.
What does FMU stand for?
FMU stands for Flexible Manufacturing Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FMU
We have 48 other meanings of FMU in our Acronym Attic
- Facility Management Unit
- Family Medicine Unit
- Federation of Motorsport Clubs of Uganda
- Field Management Unit (UK)
- Field Multiplexing Unit (fire alarm)
- File Maintenance Utility
- Financial Market Utility
- Fire Management Unit (US National Forest Service)
- First Morning Urine (fertility)
- Fitting Make-Up (pipe fitting)
- Flight Management Unit (avionics)
- Floating-Point Multiplier-Divider-Square-Root Unit
- Florida Metropolitan University
- Florida Metropolitan University (now Everest University)
- Foncière des Murs (French: Property Walls)
- Forest Management Unit
- Formatter Multiplexer Unit
- Francis Marion University
- From My Understanding
- Fuel Management Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Express Flexible Manufacturing Unit (FMU) allows full-sized sheets to be automatically loaded onto the table of a turret punch press, punched, formed and unloaded.
Stages of flexible mfg The automation stages of flexible sheet metal product fabricating include: Stage 1: Standalone CNC turret punch press Stage 2: Flexible Manufacturing Unit (FMU) - turret punch press with load/unload capabilities Stage 3: Flexible Manufacturing Cell (FMC) - turret punch press/integrated right angle shear combination, with load/unload capabilities Stage 4: Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS) - Flexible, fully automatic machine groups Stage 5: Flexible Manufacturing Factory (FMF) - Automatic factory Punch presses Flexibility, accuracy, and speed are the main reasons for replacing conventional presses with NC punch presses.