A contract worth $115m was awarded to power automation group ABB to provide a flexible alternating current transmission system solution (FACTS) to Saudi Electricity Company.
What does FACTS stand for?
FACTS stands for Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FACTS
We have 73 other meanings of FACTS in our Acronym Attic
- Fernald Analytical Computerized Tracking System
- Fetal Alcohol Consultation & Training Services (Alaska)
- Fill and Cash Tracking System
- Financial Accounting & Cost Tracking System
- Financial and Air Clearance Transportation System
- Financial, Accounting and Claims Targeted Solutions
- First Amendmist Church of True Science
- First Atheist Church of True Science
- Fishing Activity and Catch Tracking System (software)
- Fleet Automated Control Tracking System
- Flexible Alternating Current Transmission Systems
- FLIR Augmented COBRA TOW Sight
- Florida Agricultural Conference & Trade Show
- Florida Association of Coordinated Transportation Systems (transportation disadvantaged)
- Florida Atlantic Coast Transport Study
- Florida's Academic Counseling and Tracking for Students (Florida Department of Education)
- FMEA/CIL Tracking System
- Food Anaphylactic Children Training and Support
- For A Clean Tonawanda Site
- Foreign Access Central Tracking System
Samples in periodicals archive:
RELATED ARTICLES : Modon inks $40m power-gear plant contract with ABB | Haramain mega-project set to roll by January 2014 | Italians win Haramain project safety contract Power automation group ABB has received a $115m contract to provide a flexible alternating current transmission system solution (FACTS) to Saudi Electricity Company.
They begin with an overview of the power sector in India, including its recent efforts at deregulation, basic concepts such as power in single-phase AC circuits, transmission line parameters, including resistance and conductance as well as electrostatic laws, transmission line modeling and performance, simulation of power system components, formulation of network matrices, power flow studies, power system controls, symmetrical fault analysis, symmetrical components and asymmetrical fault analyses, power system stability, contingency analysis techniques, state estimation techniques, HVDC power transmission and flexible alternating current transmission systems (FACTS).