The Ohio-class replaced the aging, fleet ballistic missile submarines built at that time and is more capable.
What does FBMS stand for?
FBMS stands for Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FBMS
We have 3 other meanings of FBMS in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Bayesian Matching Pursuit
- Fertilizer Best Management Practices
- Food Bowl Modernisation Project (Australia)
- Food-Based Menu Planning
- Forest Bird Monitoring Program (Quechee, VT)
- Fractional Brownian Motion Process (information theory)
- Fort Bend Model Railroad Club (Sugar Land, TX)
- Feature Based Modeling System (computer-aided design)
- Fernandina Beach Middle School (Florida)
- Financial and Business Management System (various organizations)
- Fleet Ballistic Missile System
- Foreign Broadcast Monitoring Service (US; now the Foreign Broadcast Information Service)
- Formation Battle Management System (UK)
- Frank Black Middle School (Houston, TX)
- Fachverband Bio-Medizinische Technik e.V.
- Fire Blasting Magikarp Tournament (gaming)
- Fleet Ballistic Missile Training Center
- Fleet Ballistic Missile Tender Load List
- Family Bible Notes
- Federal Base Network (US NOAA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1999, Congress changed all that when they embarked on a program to convert four Trident fleet ballistic missile submarines slated for inactivation into Strike and Special Forces platforms carrying an array of options to bring "the fight to our enemies.
fast-attack and fleet ballistic missile submarines for the Navy, and the intellectual fecundity of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography for science.
Photo by PH1 Ted Banks [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Ohio class fleet ballistic missile submarine USS Michigan (SSBN 727) enters Puget sound naval shipyard for refueling and conversion front a fleet ballistic missile submarine (SSBN) to a guided missile submarine (SSG N).