The Ohio-class replaced the aging, fleet ballistic missile submarines built at that time and is more capable.
What does FBMS stand for?
FBMS stands for Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FBMS
We have 3 other meanings of FBMS in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Bayesian Matching Pursuit
- Fertilizer Best Management Practices
- Food Bowl Modernisation Project (Australia)
- Food-Based Menu Planning
- Forest Bird Monitoring Program (Quechee, VT)
- Fractional Brownian Motion Process (information theory)
- Fort Bend Model Railroad Club (Sugar Land, TX)
- Feature Based Modeling System (computer-aided design)
- Fernandina Beach Middle School (Florida)
- Financial and Business Management System (various organizations)
- Fleet Ballistic Missile System
- Foreign Broadcast Monitoring Service (US; now the Foreign Broadcast Information Service)
- Formation Battle Management System (UK)
- Frank Black Middle School (Houston, TX)
- Fachverband Bio-Medizinische Technik e.V.
- Fire Blasting Magikarp Tournament (gaming)
- Fleet Ballistic Missile Training Center
- Fleet Ballistic Missile Tender Load List
- Family Bible Notes
- Federal Base Network (US NOAA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
has been the prime contractor for the navigation subsystem aboard fleet ballistic missile submarines since 1955.
In 1999, Congress changed all that when they embarked on a program to convert four Trident fleet ballistic missile submarines slated for inactivation into Strike and Special Forces platforms carrying an array of options to bring "the fight to our enemies.
fast-attack and fleet ballistic missile submarines for the Navy, and the intellectual fecundity of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography for science.
He joined the company in 1959 as a field engineer and has 20 years of systems engineering experience for the Navy Fleet Ballistic Missile submarine program.
Lockheed Martin is pleased to be continuing production of the D5 missiles needed to outfit the remaining Trident II capable Ohio-class fleet ballistic missile submarines," said Tom Morton, vice president, Lockheed Martin Strategic Missile Programs.
The Ohio class fleet ballistic missile submarine USS Michigan (SSBN 727) enters Puget sound naval shipyard for refueling and conversion front a fleet ballistic missile submarine (SSBN) to a guided missile submarine (SSG N).
Navy Strategic Systems Programs for production and support of the navigation system equipment for the Trident II fleet ballistic missile submarines.