The Ohio-class replaced the aging, fleet ballistic missile submarines built at that time and is more capable.
What does BOOMER stand for?
BOOMER stands for Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Built-in Orderly Organized Knowledge :-)
- Boolean (variable type)
- Bardzo Oryginalna Oferta Marketingowa (Polish: Very Original Offer Marketing; Poland)
- Before Object-Oriented Methods
- Binocular Omni-Orientation Monitor (virtual reality technology)
- Binocular Omnidirectional-Oriented Monitor
- Board of Ordained Ministry
- Business Object Oriented Modeling (programming)
- Business Organization & Office Management
- Balloon Observations of Millimetric Extragalactic Radiation and Geophysics
- Bored Out of My Mind
- Boomerang Protocol
- Bored Out of My Skull
- Basic Object Oriented Programming
- Bill and the Office Of the President (Microsoft)
- Blown Out of Proportion
- Bone Out of Place
- Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia
- Basic Object Oriented Programming System for Intuition
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1999, Congress changed all that when they embarked on a program to convert four Trident fleet ballistic missile submarines slated for inactivation into Strike and Special Forces platforms carrying an array of options to bring "the fight to our enemies.
fast-attack and fleet ballistic missile submarines for the Navy, and the intellectual fecundity of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography for science.
Photo by PH1 Ted Banks [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Ohio class fleet ballistic missile submarine USS Michigan (SSBN 727) enters Puget sound naval shipyard for refueling and conversion front a fleet ballistic missile submarine (SSBN) to a guided missile submarine (SSG N).